Subscription & Recurring Order

Melwyn1
Contributor
Contributor

I have installed an app on Shopify called "Subscription & Recurring Order". I want to set recurring payments. but I get an error "Your store is currently not eligible to charge your subscribers automatically". We have "PayPal Payflow Pro." as our payment gateway as well as PayPal Express checkout. What do we need to do to get the error away?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You need to clarify what exactly the app is using to setup the subscriptions.  

Since you're using Payments Pro (PayFlow) and Express Checkout, the app would need to be using those APIs to setup profiles and process payments.

It could be setting up profiles where PayPal controls the triggering of future payments, or it could be triggering the payments locally using reference transactions.

It sounds like that must be the case.  Are you having troubles with both PayFlow orders and Express Checkout?

PayFlow typically comes with Reference Transactions enabled by default.  No further approval required.

However, with Express Checkout you have to use Billing Agreements in order to process Reference Transactions, and this requires special approval.  You can find more information about that in an article I wrote about it here.

It could also simply be that they're trying to use the new PayPal Complete Payments platform, or general REST API Subscriptions, which would need to be configured through an app.  This is all separate from PayFlow/Express Checkout.

So you need to get some clarification on what exactly you need for their app, and then we could potentially help you more.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Melwyn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Angelleye,

Thank you for your response.

I had contacted the App support and they were not able to figure it out so they asked for collaboration access. But since I'm not the store owner I could not provide accept the collaboration.

So they asked us to contact Shopify which they suggested contacting Paypal.

So I guess as you mentioned the app might not be using those APIs to set up profiles and process payments.

Thank you Once again

Mel

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.