Please help me

Dan180
Contributor
Contributor
I am reporting this to the resolution department at Pay Pal. I am incredibly upset that I have been treated this way, i have been exposed to criminal behaviour from a potential buyer that has repeatedly been trying to extort money from me and was successful at his first attempt. It was Robert Donald who was the pay pal account holder who deceived me into believing that he was an interested potential buyer of a caravan that I am selling through Gumtree using pay pals platform he showed me the prepared transaction and I thought he was a serious buyer so I was eager to except the payment because Robert Donald told me he was not in a location that has the infrastructure to support online banking transactions and that pay pal offered a secure platform for the payment. Robert then deceived me into believing him that he had an agent named Nicolas Talley that needed me to transfer him $1,500.00 for the freight to deliver Robert the item that he was purchasing because Nicolas Talley needed a Bank Transfer via Osko because Nicolas did not accept pa pal as a way of payment method. In order for Nicolas Talley to organise the freight immediately and I was misled into believing that Robert was going to reimburse me the $1,500.00 payment by adding this as an extra cost in the purchase Pay Pal sent me a this message: This is to certify that the full fund as being deducted from Robert Donald account and will be processed and readily available in your account as soon as you have completed the Bank Transfer or Cash Deposit in the bank of $1500.oo AUD Upfront which is the security tool that will facilitate the prompt release of the fund into your account. please visit there website now and make the transfer now OR you can get the money transfer online now and get back to us with the transfer receipt so that the Total amount of $24,000.00 AUD can be credited into your account immediately. So I transferred Nicolas Talley $1,500.00 on the 30/05/2020. As soon as I paid it I got the following immediate message: Dear Daniel Brewster As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. We recently contacted you about your pending payment. We requested the Money Transfer information from you and we have received the transfer Receipt, We will get your account credited in the next 24 hours due to our system programming and Weekend issue. We will process the whole money into your account in the next 24 hours, as the Transfer details Receipt you provided has been confirmed and due to the huge amount of account that are being credited everyday,so we schedule your account to be credited in the next 24 hours,You will received confirmation email from PayPal that the money has been credited into your account. After 24 hours had past I had not received the payment. Robert request that we talk via WhatsApp through an account in the name of Adam Kings and the following number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Image.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpeg After the payment was not received within the 24 hours. I would like to be reimbursed for the $1,500.00 payment. As I am no longer interested in selling the item to Robert Donald Please address this matter urgently. Regards Daniel Brewster From: Sent: Friday, May 1, 2020 10:32:27 PM To: Subject: **Additional Payment For Insurance and personal home delivery Received From Robert Donald**( Paid $2,500.00 AUD ) Additional Payment For Insurance And Personal Home Delivery Received From Robert Donald. This transaction is due to appear in your account shortly. *For any questions and other issues regarding this payment, Please reply to this email only and we will gladly help you*. Be informed that we have received another payment of $2,500.00 AUD from "Robert Donald" tagged "Insurance and personal home delivery". We are assuring you that the payment has been confirmed and total amount of $26,500.00 AUD will be credited into your Bank account We want to inform you that the money has been deducted from the buyer's account but will not be credited into your account until we receive the information or proof that the said amount which the buyer requested has been sent out to the bearer via BANK CASH DEPOSIT TRANSFER RECEIPT due to security reason. We are assuring you 100% safety, and as soon as the Transfer is been emailed to us, a total amount of $26,500.00 AUD will be credited into your Bank Account Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal N/A GOODS 1 $22,500.00 AUD $26,500.00 AUD  Pick-up & Delivery: (includes any pick-up delivery fees) $1,500.00 AUD Insurance: (Including Personal Home Delivery Charges) $2,500.00 AUD Total: $49,500.00 AUD This Payment will appear in your account statement as "Pay Pal®_ Wire "Robert Donald" Payment sent to your Bank Account * Note : P = Paper, E = Electronic, H = High Value The amount of $26,500.00 AUD has been deducted from the buyers account *Robert Donald* ready and available to be credited into your account, but it will not be credited into your account until a sum of $2,500.00 AUD has been sent through Bank Money transfer to the address above as required and we have been emailed the relevant Bank Money Transfer information.We take this security measure to secure both the seller and the buyer. Below is the address where the money is to be sent using Bank Money Transfer. This Payment will appear in your Bank Account statement in due time. Fund wired By *Robert Donald* Payment Status Pending: Transaction Details Payment received (Unique Transaction ID # 4DR654207B959334M) Sent By Robert Donald From PayPal. (Verify Member) Buyer email: Payment sent to: AGENT DETAILS Account Name : Alice Donatelli Bsb Numbers: Account number : Bank Name : Commonwealth Bank Transfer OPTION: OSKO Payment Description: Alice Donatelli Note that the payment is going to be OSKO payment so that the money will not be delaying
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dan180
Contributor
Contributor
I am in need of urgent help this person has already taken money from me and is trying again, please advise me what I can do
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.