Paypal forcing to register ?

graf1x
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have received multiple complains from my customers about not being able to pay with credit card without creating a paypal account. It used to work fine but have noticed many dropped orders lately. I have lost quite a bit of money. Please help.

I'm an artist that sells posters.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Carlos

Hi @graf1x,

By default, PayPal Payments Standard allows customers to checkout using a registered PayPal account or as a guest (with a credit card and no PayPal account). If you are using a PayPal Subscription button, this will default to only allowing customers to checkout with a registered PayPal account unless you sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments.

The other scenario could be that you are using Express Checkout, whereby default it will only allow customers to checkout using a registered PayPal account and could require sign up. 

What is the URL for your website? With this information, I will be able to see the PayPal checkout product you are utilizing and determine what the issue could be.

Thanks,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

graf1x
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Carlos, thanks for your help. The link is https://graf1x.com

Thank you. I hope there is a solution.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Carlos

Hi @graf1x,

I just went through the checkout flow and do see the ability to checkout as a guest. Please see the attached. For context, I clicked on the "Color Shades & Name Poster". 

By chance are they selecting a certain product that does not lead them the opportunity to checkout as a guest? Additionally, if they are from out of the country there could be some localization regulations in place that do not allow a specific user to checkout as a guest. Otherwise, I believe your checkout is fine and it simply may just be customer confusion. 

Are you able to replicate the issue or could someone provide you with additional details regarding their checkout experience? 

Thanks,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.