Paypal Payment Buttons not working consistently

jmaylo
Contributor
Contributor

I have a website with a number of 'Buy Now' buttons. I've been alerted by my customers that they're having issues when trying to pay by card rather than sign into a PayPal account. When I've tested myself, the buttons direct you to the regular PayPal login page with the 'Pay by Card' / 'Checkout as Guest' option below as normal. However, when you click on this option, it takes you to the payment form but after a couple of seconds, the following error message appears: 'We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again. Return To Merchant.'  The weird thing is that this doesn't happen every time as we are still getting some orders through so don't think it can be our button coding.

I've tried replacing the payment buttons with new ones and this seems to help on a test the first time but then the issue reappears on subsequent attempts. I've experienced this before a couple of months ago and it seems to eventually resolve itself but I'm now losing sales as it's a busy time of year for us. An example button on my website is at https://www.numberstacks.co.uk/school-online-ordering/

Please can anyone suggest what the issue may be.

Thanks for any help offered,

James

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.