Payment complete at customer side but he didnt return back to website why ?

sbp2
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Team,

Recently, I encountered one problem on my website: where a user put an item in the cart, did the checkout process, and selected standard PayPal mode for payment, he made payment, and payment was completed at his or her side on PayPal. He sent an invoice copy for payment done on PayPal, but I couldn't find any record of the same in my database.

Only one case I found was like this, and all other entries are seen properly in my database; what could be the reason?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @sbp2,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Could you please cross check the IPN or Webhook listener for the particular transaction which failed to update in your data base. 

You can access the Webhook events via dashboard : https://developer.paypal.com/api/rest/webhooks/events-dashboard/ 

IPN troubleshooting tips : https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/ipn/IPNTesting/#ipn-troubleshooting-tips 

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

sbp2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying back.

I am using standard Checkout SDK  method : checkout/standard/integrate/

In above what can be done best ?

I am storing records if users come back to my website ( from payment gateway ), either in complete status or in complete or error status. before that i am not storing , the cart logic is in session.

So what happened? After checking out from my website, the user went to PayPal and made a payment with a completed status, but while returning to my website, he or she was in session timeout, due to which we could not store his or her record, but his or her payment was complete at PayPal. Now the client is asking why my item or entry is still showing in progress, whereas my payment was completed at Paypal's side.

so what could be done best in such cases .

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.