Order details come in as "shopping cart" instead of item

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

This week I've had two orders come in and the notification email shows "shopping cart" in the description field instead of the actual item.   When I log into PayPal to see the order details though, the correct item is listed. (screenshot of both the notification email and order details side-by-side).   Identifying info has been redacted of course.

I've had this shopping cart going for years and never seen this issue before.   Any ideas what might be going on?

Paypal screenshots.jpg

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

hanesfi
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. Do we know how to resolve this?

Login to Me Too

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a ticket with tech support, they said it's a known issue, pasting the email below:

-------------------

Thank you for taking the time to contact PayPal Global Technical Services team with your concerns. This is Rajat and I'm glad to assist on your case.

I reviewed your case description, attached screenshot and understand that email notifications is missing item details and other information. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Unfortunately, the behavior which you are experiencing is caused due to some technical issue at PayPal end. Our engineers are currently working diligently on a solution to this problem. At this time, they have not yet let us know when they expect the issue to be resolved, but I have added your account details, screenshot to our internal engineering ticket for further analysis and resolution.

I will provide further update as soon as I receive a confirmation from the PD team that the issue is fixed.

This case will remain in an "On Hold" status until you're contacted about the resolution.

In the interim, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience! 

Sincerely,

Rajat
GTS Engineer
PayPal, Inc.

Login to Me Too

asixa
New Community Member

For anyone else with this issue, the ticket number at PayPal is # csts0036842. There are currently 200+ customers attached to this ticket, so adding yourself will allow you to be notified of the progress and also provide further details to the engineers if required. 

The technical team were last working on this ticket less than 30 minutes ago. 

Login to Me Too

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

How does one attach themselves to the ticket?

Login to Me Too

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

I just got an email from PayPal, they say it's fixed I'll paste below.

I'm in a bit of an order lull right now so I may not see an actual new order come in for a few days to confirm this.

============

Thank you so very much for your patience !

I have just received a confirmation from the product engineers that a fix was released in Live environment yesterday and this issue should be resolved now. If you get a free moment, we would love to hear your confirmation as well. 

In case you are still facing this issue(emails missing item description or other details) for transactions processed post 19th Sep'23 3:00PM UTC, could you please share screenshot of email highlighting the missing details and I will add these in the internal ticket for further investigation by our engineers.

I appreciate your assistance and look forward to hearing back from you.

Please let me know if you have further questions or if the issue has been resolved so I can close your support case appropriately.

Sincerely,

Rajat
GTS Engineer
PayPal, Inc.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.