My previously LIVE button now brings up sandbox - help

ferkee
Contributor
Contributor

I've had at least 1 paypal button embeded in my website for a few years but within the last few weeks I've heard from a few people saying that the payment process kinda appears to work and they get the success "Thank you for your purchase" message but nothing ever actually processes, and neither they nor they see any resulting transactions or notifications.

I've looked in Paypal as well as in my website settings.  I'm using WordPress 6.1.1 and I "had" installed WooCommerce and only begun to do the initial set up.  I suspected it as the culprit but have not found a single setting that makes me think it shifted the independent button from Live to Sandbox.  I've since deactivated the WooCommerce plugin just in case but with no luck.

Please help & thanks,

John

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @ferkee,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

PayPal system is a payment gateway, which will receive the payment request payload (i.e Payment and Item details, Shipping details, Invoice number, Amount details etc.) from merchant websites(built via third party platforms eCommerce) and process the payments accordingly.

Merchants should handle their internal website code and pass the appropriate payment API calls to PayPal system.

This should be an issue with your settings toggled in your third party platform eCommerce.

I would suggest to please contact the support of eCommerce and cross check the settings to make sure that your website is triggering API calls to PayPal LIVE endpoints using your LIVE PayPal API credentials.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.