LACK_OF_BASIC_PARAMS

mattykboro
Contributor
Contributor

suddenly started getting this error message on our site when customer tries to checkout - only appeared in last hour or so?

we  use woocommerce

anyone know how to rectify?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kridgec
Contributor
Contributor

yesterday my website seems working fine until i move from sandbox to production.

it is working fine when i switch to sandbox account.

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too

osho90
New Community Member

The PayPal integration on the website was working fine just randomly one moring while testing i found that the PayPal has stopped working on the website. The pay by PayPal lands on the PayPal page: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." the link to the website has this erro on it : https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=25be7819142d5&code=LACK_OF_BASIC_PA...

please help if you have experienced this issue before. 

Login to Me Too

Fothered
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Matty,

I've had the same problem too.

I spent a few hours searching around the net and found an answer from someone on a different site who had the solution.

Hopefully it will work for you and everyone else who has the problem too.

They said to add a line of code to the form on the checkout page that sends the transaction to Paypal, as in the example below. (The red text).

I don't really know what it does, but since I've added it to my form the transactions go through and I don't get any LACK_OF_BASIC_PARAMS errors anymore.

I hope it sorts your problem for you. All the best!

<form action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="user email goes here">
<input type="hidden" name="upload" value="1">

Login to Me Too

Fothered
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I just came across something else that your form seems to need for it to be sucessfully sent to Paypal, so I thought I'd share it in case anyone is still having issues:)
Below is the main part of the form that I've been using on my site, and the parts in red are the ones that seem to be needed to prevent errors when it's sent to Paypal.

(Please note that the form action address is set to the sandbox for testing).

<form action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="your email here">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="NZD"> // Change the value attribute to your countries' specific currency code
<input type="hidden" name="upload" value="1">

I hope this helps anyone who is having issues:)

Login to Me Too

Peter-V

You saved me another hours! 

If somebody from PayPal is reading it, can this person forward this thread to the documentation department that they correct it? The developer are wasting for nothing hours!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.