Having trouble encrypting my html form fields, encrypted= field in particular.

Anwar_Mtjr
Contributor
Contributor

I can't seem to be able to send PayPal my encrypted data the right way, PayPal knows when I include my email, and when I don't, so I guess my message is decrypted successfully, so it's something with how I format my message.

I have built a small page to test my settings on live site, it's basically a submit button that sends a post containing  cmd=_xclick, business, amount and currency.

When I press the submit button all is good, without encryption that is, but when I try making cmd=_s-xclick, cert_id=something and encrypted=my encrypted message PayPal responds with this error: "There was a problem verifying the signature of your secure order. Please contact your merchant".

If I take out the email from the encrypted message PayPal gives an error about merchant's email missing, so I'm guessing dycription is ok. I'm using PHP to encrypt the message using my keys and PayPal's public key, I have uploaded my public key to my PayPal's account.

Please advise on how to format this: encrypted=..how exactly..?

I tried encypted=business=my email&amount=40&currency_code=USD..and so on

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.