Auto return, return & cancel_return issues

Jeremy360
New Community Member

In the form, I pass a 'return' and a 'cancel_return' URL.

Within the account settings, the 'Auto Return for Website Payments' is also set and has a URL specified.

But, when I make a payment (from my PayPal account), the auto return doesn't work & the link shown to return is the 'cancel_return' URL.

Advice please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

penguin64
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue as well, but with the "Return to Merchant" button that is shown after a successful transaction.  I am assuming the auto-return uses the same logic just automatically redirecting the user.  I have been experiencing this in our production environment since August 9.  I have contact PayPal support and they acknowledged seeing the same issue but have since not responded, and we're continuing to see the same problem today.

Whenever we supply a "cancel_return" parameter, it is used as the endpoint of that button, so our users are incorrectly seeing a failure page after a successful payment if they click to go back to the main site.

I was experimenting earlier, and if I don't send a "cancel_return" parameter, then that final "Return to Merchant" button doesn't get shown.  This seems to be further proof that the URL parameters are getting mixed up. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.