Always getting "We're unable to bill your customer right now. Please try again later."

tangerinetele
Contributor
Contributor

Using Automatic Payments, which I know is legacy, but getting this for all attempts this month, which is very unusual. Has it been killed permanently?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @tangerinetele,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Could you please confirm whether your still facing the issue?

Please refer PayPal status page.

I would suggest to please process a test payment via card which is not linked to your PayPal account. Since, merchant can't process self payments.

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detail information and error details.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

tangerinetele
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it's too late to test, but it happened on 27th and 28th Feb.

No issues flagged up on status screen, but suspect that Automatic Billing isn't covered.
Not sure you understand what Automatic Billing is (don't worry - it's a legacy feature that most PayPal staff have never heard of).

Cheers,

Alex

Login to Me Too

GVCO
New Community Member

I have been getting this error message for a few days now too.  Has this feature been disconinued?

Login to Me Too

tangerinetele
Contributor
Contributor

My guess is that it's a feature they don't like, but are reluctant to formally drop it, so they're just not bothering to maintain it in the hope all users migrate to an alternative. Unfortunately for us there is no alternative, other than clients paying manually or switching to credit card/direct debit (Braintree don't like companies in the telecoms business!)

Login to Me Too

tangerinetele
Contributor
Contributor

Is this still broken for everyone else?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.