is paypal buyer credit a physical credit card?

PresidentKush
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, what exactly is paypal buyer credit...I've had an ebay/paypal account for ever and a couple years ago, it started to show paypal buyer credit.  I havn't ever used it, and i havn't used paypal at all for a long time until today.

on the my account page it shows paypal buyer credit, with an x- followed by 4 numbers (assuming last 4 digits of card) i've never used it so have $0 balance.  But i never actually got a physical "paypal buyer credit card" in the mail. 

Just wondering how i use my paypal buyer credit.  when i check out, it does not give me the option.  Also there is no info on what the credit limit is?  can anyone help me figure this out?  would appreciate it, thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vesthaven
Contributor
Contributor

Your paypal buyer credit is attached to your paypal card. When you check out on ebay you can use it or you can set your card up so that it uses your buyer credit as your "backup" source. That way you can use your credit. Also you can use your card as a credit card at checkout to pay for something by signing for it like credit. You can look at your buyer credit on the sight by clicking on where it says "buyer credit"  in the left of the screen.If you set up your paypal card to use your buyer credit as your first backup source and you don't have any money on your card it will automatically use your buyer credit. For instance if you use your paypal to pay your electric bill online and you don't have any money in your paypal account and you have your paypal account set up with your buyer credit as first backup then it will pay your electric bill out of your buyer credit. I'ts like a "hybrid" debit/credit card. You go to the "more Options" place where you set up your backup bank account to set up the buyer credit as your main backup. hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.