Contactless, and invoicing

youradds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've just got my card reader, and I'm very happy with it. I do have a couple of questions though:

1) With contactless payments, do we also get payment protection with those? I've read around that fraud is quite high (due to the fact you don't need to know the PIN), so I just wanted to know where we stand with that. I'd hate to sell loads of items, for them only to come back as chargebacks later 😞

2) What is the cap on contactless? Is it £20?

3) What is the best way to provide invoices? I would prefer an automated method, but I guess if you are only taking a card payment, you don't get any of that sort of info (not like doing a paypal transaction, where you get a full name/address etc)

I'm going to be using this in a fast-paced convention in June, so I'm hoping to streamline as much as possible 🙂

Thanks!

Andy

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @youradds,

Apologies for the delay. 

PayPal Here transactions are not eligible for PayPal seller protection I am afraid. Security is our number one priority however. Contactless card transactions use the same secure encryption technology as Chip and PIN, so consumers can be fully confident in the security of the technology. Contactless payments can only take place where the card is placed within a few centimetres of the card reader. 

The limit for receiving contactless payments is generally up to £30 however this can depend on the card being used and it's own issuers limits. Here's all of the information you should need on issuing invoices and receipts https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/how-to-use-paypal-here/taking-payments#issuing-invoice 

If you still have questions or concerns, contact our UK based customer support team on <removed> <removed> between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM Monday through Friday and from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM on weekends or just email us on <removed>

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

youradds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have to admit, I didn't do a test payment until today, so missed out on the feature where you can email an invoice out at the end 😃 

A couple of things:

1) Why doesn't the receipt include our VAT number? I have provided it in the app profile, and it shows up on the calculations, but just doesn't show the VAT number in the actual invoice

2)What is the "A" that shows to the right of the total on the invoice? (see below);

2017-04-08 at 08-16-22.jpg

Otherwise, a very cool system - congrats!

On a sidenote - When trying to login here, it was trying to use my personal account (as I was logged in with that). Because I'd not posted before, I got the signup page - but its broken:

2017-04-08 at 08-13-18.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.