Business account - in the UK

Hicksand
New Community Member

I have a UK based business, when Pay Pal was set up for use with its webshop, it was set up as if we were a USA based business. As a result you can only link USA banks to the account, not UK ones.

I have just tried setting up a PayPal UK account (to transfer the money to) but you only get a USA address template (ie State zipcode). This is even when you use paypal.co.uk, you are redirected to the USA screens.

Customer service cannot help - "UK" customer service in the Philippines tells me to can the USA, they tell me to call the "UK" customer service number.

The PayPal customer service is probably the worst I have experienced.

Thanks for any relevant help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Hicksand,

Welcome the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you have accidentally opened an account is the wrong country it would be a good idea to open a new UK account. What is happening when you are trying to access the website is that your browser cookies are redirecting you to the site that you were previously using. I recommend clearing cache and cookies on your browser before entering PayPal.co.uk . You will be able to check that you are on the right page by scrolling down the screen to look for the flag in the bottom right corner. If this is not correct you can click on the flag to choose a different country.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.