PayPal Plus Mastercard access has been removed from my PayPal account page

patrick7676
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Plus Mastercard access is removed from my PayPal account page. I have no way to access the GE Moneybank Mastercard account now. No response from PayPal to my email about the issue. I called GE Money customer service number on the card and all they say is "we understand what your going through - we're having technical difficultly". Bull crap! This is been going on a while now and frankly it's unacceptable from both PayPal and GE Moneybank. I'm on the verge of filing both sate and federal consumer complaints against both PayPal and GE Moneybank - and then closing my accounts with both. It's irresponsible to conduct business in this manner.  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

patrick7676
Contributor
Contributor

Let's see. Call GE Money Bank and all they say is that is it a technical problem. Yet PayPal says the Mastercard account is closed. Yet GE Money Bank says, no the account is fine and the card works - we don't know why PayPal would say the account is closed. Ask PayPal what the deal is and "Oh you have to call the number on the back of the card". All ready did that PayPal and say some completely different that you do. Why is that? No ones really knows anything. No ones does anything. RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can away from these idiot companies friends!

Login to Me Too

dekelsey61
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I talked to GE Money on Monday and they were aware of this problem and said the Pay Pal credit card would show back up on Oct. 3,2010. I had her repeat that 3 times to make sure. We will see.

Dan

Login to Me Too

texyak
Contributor
Contributor

It's odd for sure.  I've had this same problem for the past month and a half.  Each time I call or tweet customer service at PayPal or GEMB, both say it's the other's fault and it'll be fixed "soon".  I've given up asking.

I wonder if they're even aware how much revenue they're losing in the meantime.  All those transactions on PayPal where a buyer could've used PP+ buyer credit.  Oh well - it's their decision to go down the tubes I suppose.  I know that once I have my card paid off I'm never using it again.

Login to Me Too

sephiroth
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me - and my account even got put into the negative because of it. A debit card backup funding was triggered, and the transaction "posted" the day after the glitch happened. So, PayPal's genius system drained my Yen, Pounds, and Dollars balance, and then the remaining owed amount was about $5 so they put my account in the negative and suspended my purchase privileges.

A call to customer support got my $5 back and privileges restored.

I was told by both GE Money and PayPal that the issue would be resolved in "seven to ten business days". It's been three weeks and my card account still shows "closed". They've even gone and renamed it from the Plus MasterCard to the Extras MasterCard. Still closed.

I emailed customer service -- and was told that my card didn't exist and that I've never had a Plus MasterCard before and that I do not know what I'm talking about. He then asked me to apply for a card.

Bad move, PayPal. Get off your hineys and fix it -- you are losing money because I'm unable to spend it via PayPal! I guarantee GE Money's getting all the interest off my CC but you are definitely not getting the transaction fees since I'm unable to use PP for my credit card!.

Btw -- if you try to add the Plus (or "Extras") mastercard as a CC in your profile, it says "You cannot add the Plus MasterCard as a credit card".

Go figure! -- I also like how whenever I make a transaction on it, it still shows up the next day on PayPal! If I can see my txn's then you can make my account not closed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.