Firefox cannot open PayPal Master Card PDF Statements

Symphonitron
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to look at my PayPal Master Card statements, PayPal sends me over to ebill.onlineebillcenter.com and automatically tries to open a PDF file, however when I do this in Firefox 7 on the Mac, it downloads a JSP file and tries to open it in Dreamweaver, which takes a long time and gives me a lot of foul code. I've looked everywhere in Firefox preferences under applications to see what might be triggering this, but nothing there. It certainly doesn't have Dreamweaver as an application, and there is no item for opening JSP files (or PDF files for that matter, nor does it allow me to manually add it).

When I look at the downloaded files, they end in .jsp, which Mac wants to open in Dreamweaver. If I tell Mac to open them in Preview or Acrobat Reader nothing happens.

Now if I log in using Safari everything works okay, but Safari downloads the files as .jsp.pdf. Meaning that Firefox is removing or ignoring the .pdf extension and using the .jsp extension. (There shouldn't be two extensions anyway.)

I do not want to use Safari every time I want to view these statements. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rmatile
New Community Member

I've found this problem really annoying, too. The only workaround I've found is to download the .jsp file and then click on its icon, and change the name of the tile, making sure it ends in .pdf. Then Acrobat Reader or Preview will read it. I've tried just changing the suffix to .pdf, but my Mac doesn't like that either. Camino won't open .jsp files, either. Why Safari will do it without a hitch and the others won't mystifies me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.