Using Paypal Mastercard

Winnie
New Community Member

I have a Paypal mastercard and don't understand how to use it.  I have money in my Paypal account but when I check the balance on my Mastercard it is a zero balance.  I thought when you had money in your account you had instant access when using the Paypal Mastercard.  Anyone have any suggestions or answers?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

PayPal MASTERCARD and PayPal DEBIT CARD are two different things.  The MasterCard is a traditional charge card.  With nothing charged on it, you will have 0 balance.  The DebitCard accesses your PayPal account directly on each transaction.  For example, if you pay $12.56 with the debit card, it comes out of your PayPal account immediately.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

melissaa

I having the same problem.  I have been trying to use the paypal mastercard. I charge things but instand of being charge on the line or credit it either taken from my bank account or the paypal balance which lately I been putting money from my bank account I been putting money in the paypal balance from my bank account so I will not be taken out my bank account where I won't be caught short.  I have some payments taken out monthly through paypal like my web site account or my curse.com and no matter how I DO it I see it being taken from my bank account.  If I charge stuff online  taken out my bank.  I have a line of credit.  Store in town are beening charged.   I know I can charge to my paypal line of credit cause I had all my month accounts like that and my online buying.  What does paypal account need to be set on in order to use my line or credit?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.