Question, now that you killed Secure Cards...

KeepSecureCards
Contributor
Contributor

...can I assume, PayPal, that you're going to now get in the habit of issuing prompt, no-hassle replacements for the physical PayPal debit card when they are requested by your customers?  

Consider this: we, your former users of Secure Cards, are now forced into using just that one CC on our physical cards for all our online purchases -- opening us up to greater risk of scams, theft and other unpleasantness and inconvenience.  It is just a matter of very short time before your customers are going to need physical replacements.  Naturally I do wonder how PayPal is going to deal with these. 

The reason I ask is that, a few years ago, there was ONE time my physical PayPal debit card was either lost or stolen,  Naturally, I thought it would be a trivial thing to get a replacement from PayPal.  What actually happened, though, is that, contrary to all common sense, PayPal declined my "application" to get a replacement.  Declined.  A replacement.  Of a card which isn't an actual line of credit. 

My mind boggled about that then, and it still does today.

So PayPal, now that you've killed the great feature of Secure Cards, are you going to let us down on replacements of our physical debit cards too?  String us along, leave us high and dry if our cards are compromised in some way?  Again say that we aren't "approved" for a physical replacement of a customer-funded debit card and leave us with nothing until PayPal (maybe) deigns to issue us another card at the time of its glacially-paced choosing?

I'd like a real answer to the first question in the first paragraph of this post, please.

Thanks.

Yet another incredibly disappointed customer,

-- L. Wilson

San Bernardino County, CA

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KeepSecureCards
Contributor
Contributor

No answer from PayPal, I see.

Figures.

Login to Me Too

Jeff63301
Contributor
Contributor

I just heard on Security Now episode 280 of a free replacement for Paypal's secure cards.  It is funny that Security Now is the Podcast that introduced me to Secure Cards. 

--Jeff

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.