Problems with PayPal MasterCard Debit Card

JamesSmith
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my problem:

I have the card mentioned in the title. I have my verified bank account as backup so that my card isn't declined if I don't have the funds. Since that is the case, why is my card still being declined? I have my backup set at $400.00 so I don't understand what the problem is. Can someone help?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

JamesSmith
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone??

Login to Me Too

JamesSmith
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. PayPal should have these issues sorted and resolved by now. Answers to questions should be provided in a timely manner, and this is far from timely. I've tried calling, sending email, and now posting in this forum and still this issue has not been address or repatied. I'm seriously considering closing my account.

Login to Me Too

rosebudbowtique
New Community Member

I had a similar problem today.   I have had the card for about a year, but did not really need it until recently as I have began my online business.  I had no cash with me  and went to town with someone.  I tested my card on a $1 purchase to see if it would work and it did.  Then I knew I could buy groceries with it.  I loaded up only $35 worth of stuff and the card was declined. EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!  I double checked when I got home to make sure the funds were still there (no reason they should not be) and they were.  I am very angry, and that was humiliating. I actually am on here right now trying to find out if there may be a reason.

Login to Me Too

landryted47
New Community Member

I am on Social Security. On the 3rd of each month an automatic deposit is made into an account for me that was set up by the U.S. Government. I do not have a checking account or any other credit cards.  When I want to pay a bill I simply use my debit card which by the way is a Master Card.  My first and only problem I have had thus  far was when I tried paiying my Net Flick account, I was told to try and pay with my account using PayPal and found that I was able to pay Net Flick's this way. I find this confusing, how is this possible?

Login to Me Too

slancaster22
Contributor
Contributor

That is embarrassing!  I had the same thing moreless happen to me!  I had a Papal debit mastercard, and I had an account that I didn't use that much really.  (I am working on putting my home business together still) and I had money in my account and everything..And it was a secure card with my bank as a back up. Then, all of a sudden when I decided to use my card....THEY CANCLED IT ON ME!!!  WHEN I CALLED THEY SAID NOT ENOUGH TRAFFIC WAS GOING ON IN MY ACCOUNT!  OMG!  DOES THAT MEAN I AM A BAD PERSON OR A FRAUDER? **bleep** NO!  I USED THE CARD PROPERLY,  ALWAYS HAD MONEY ON IT, AND WHEN I CALLED TO GET ANOTHER ONE..THEY WOULD NOT ISSUE ME ONE!!!!  I SHOULD JUST DROP PAPAL ON THEY'RE **bleep**!  I AM REALLY MAD ABOUT THAT!  NOW THAT I AM GETTING CLOSER TO STARTING MY BUSINESS...MY CREDIT I THOUGHT WAS GOOD, DOESN'T PASS THE CREDIT CHECKS!!!  SO NOW I AM WORKING WITH ALL 3 CREDIT AGENCIES TO TRY AND FIX MY CREDIT OR ANY LITTLE THING WRONG WITH IT.  I ACTUALLY HAVE TO SEND MY LICENSE IN TO 2 OF THEM TO LET THEM KNOW IT IS ME!!!!  I SURE HOPE NO ONE  FRAUDED ME OR ANYTHING~NERVOUS IN SEATTLE...AND UPSET TOO!  SLANCASTER22 MEMBER SINCE O6. AT LEAST 5 YEARS!!!!

Login to Me Too

yadi
New Community Member

m also suffering frm same problem...grr it **bleep**....

Login to Me Too

bblue
New Community Member

miramira
New Community Member

I just got my MasterCard Business Card in the mail and I thought 'great now I have something to start my online business with' and I  came here today; trying to activate it and get the 4 number pin.

I also have enough money in another account  just like the other writers here, which is accounted for  on this site.

However I am so glad i came here first; to read the posts, as it makes me uncomfortablke to think that I would want or need to buy something on the outside world, and was DECLINED/While not being able to get in touch with someone here at Pay Pal!

It's made me think twice that's for sure. **bleep** Pay pal, for all they are worth; in the ease of buying something in Supposed Safety of their company... may be just some guy with a great Idea.... sitting somewhere at a desk in Des Moine! RAkin it all in, in fees, and charges and balony promises. I for one never ever want the credit card companys breathing down my neck ever again. It sure was a drag last time I tried to be a credit card owner... especially in a Shaky economy... I think I'll opt out...

Login to Me Too

Amb3r

I'm having the same issue. This is getting ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.