PayPal Mastercard Debit Card balance from PayPal

Percheronfan
Contributor
Contributor

Do the funds from my paypal account balance automatically go onto the debit card? 

I can not find any thing that says the two are linked together or if I need to move the funds from my PayPal account balance to the card? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rjh92
Contributor
Contributor

The Paypal debit card works just as a normal debit card would to any bank account. If you have funds in your Paypal account and you use you Paypal debit card, the funds will automatically be taken out of you Paypal account. There is not need (and that I know of no way) to transfer money onto a Paypal debit card. If you do not have any money in you account, you will need to have a backup source of funding, such as a bank account or a credit card. This way, when you use the Paypal debit card and there is no money in you Paypal account, it will draw from the backup source. Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the Community Percheronfan!

Great question and rjh92 has provided great information on how payments are processed with the PayPal Debit Card.

When you have an available account balance your card purchases will debit from those funds. If at a zero balance your charges will be submitted for debit against your bank account as a back up funding source.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.