How does paypal account balance works?

montau
New Community Member

Hi, I'm planning to apply for Paypal debit card, and I'm wondering how does the accont balance work...

What's the source choices I have to my paypal account balance? Can I add money through my bank accounts? Credit Cards? or others?

Will I have a rounting number and account number on this debit card? WIll it work like a bank account?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Welcome to the forums, montau!

The idea is that you make purchases using your PayPal account balance as funding for your PayPal debit card. You can get cash from an ATM, make purchases, and all the things you could do with your average bank debit card, except instead of your bank, it's your PayPal account.

In addition, you can set a bank as a backup funding source. This will allow you to make purchases that exceed your PayPal balance. (This works for purchases only, though - you can't get cash if it's not readily available in your PayPal account.) The really great thing about this is that there wouldn't be any overdraft fees for doing that, the way there might be at a bank if you exceeded available funding.

It's not a bank account, so there aren't routing/bank account numbers associated with the card. It's just a really handy debit card that utilizes your PayPal account.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.