Paypal credit

Jazzyukuk
Contributor
Contributor

Never use PayPal credit, I bought a mobility scooter using PayPal credit, turned out it wasn't a mobility scooter and was extremely dangerous and illegal to use, it also had a fault. I opened a case to return it for a refund. Spent five months of emailing them and phoning them weekly, promise after promise it would be resolved each time, and nothing! To get them to resolve the case and give me a refund I told them I would not be making any further payments, they closed the case and ruled in the sellers favour after FIVE MONTHS!!!!! The excuse they used was I didn't provide a company headed letter from a expert in mobility scooters, even though I explained they reasons in an email provided links to the dvla as proof, this scooter was illegally sold as a mobility scooter and even with proof from dvla they would not reopen the case. What they wanted me to provide would of cost me an absolute fortune as this scooter can not be registered as a mobility scooter only a tricycle which would mean I need a motor bike licence to use it not what the seller told me. To get it to a dealer would mean I have to pay for a van to take it and bring it back and pay the expert ro tell me its not a mobility and pay for the letter to prove it, and I have to fund it all, I used PayPal credit because I didn't have any spare cash. They said it is policy that I have to provide the letter before a refund can be issued, this is a flat out LIE! I have proof that they refunded a £300 printer without that headed letter so why not an illegal sale? They didn't want to refund me because they would of lost out on the money and the interest for the item I purchased. So now I'm stuck with a scooter I've not been able to use since I bought it last November, I can't sell it because it is faulty, now PayPal are banging down my door for the money for the scooter while lumping charges on top every month. They can take me to court for the money because I'm not paying, they misold me this credit and im stuck with a faulty, illegal scooter.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.