PayPal credit question

Gavin1985
Contributor
Contributor
Hey so I bought something with PayPal credit, I’ve subsequently cleared my credit account so I owe nothing but I’ve just had a refund with something I bought using pp credit. What happens to that refund ? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GACTANGELETRAX2
Contributor
Contributor

If you returned a "gift" which is basically what credit is, then you owe no one and your credit limit should return to its highest level amount. For example ,if the purchase was for $2000 and you had a $3000 credit limit,  you might then only be able to spend an additional $1000 as any higher amount might  over extend your credit, (although sometimes pay pal will automatically cover that charge and raise you available credit if your past payments have been  good. Once the item has been returned, the seller should reimburse paypal and that is a clearance on your account. Everyone is now free from any further obligations, although i would not make a habit of requesting refunds on returned items.

Login to Me Too

Gavin1985
Contributor
Contributor

not what I asked,

I purchased an item using PayPal credit, in between me purchasing the item and me getting the refund I had cleared my credit account meaning I owed PayPal nothing.

where does my refund go ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.