PayPal Charlotte NC payments office

Wyldemusick
Contributor
Contributor

I mailed in a payment last week Wednesday, and as we all know Hurricane Florence stomped the Carolinas at the weekend. Normally such a payment will post to the account within a week, but I'm wondering if, this time, it got delayed, or if the Charlotte, NC payments office was shut down for a while, or not getting mail.

I might call in later today about this. I wouldn't be overly worried, except that I'm running on fumes.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

1scammerinUS
Contributor
Contributor

I sent in a payment sept 20th, that was due on sept 26th,called to see why payment was not posted and all i got was a run around,they wouldn't answer if it was closed, and kept telling me the mail takes 7-10 days by manager Sidney, looked on line it says 5 to 7 days, so she lied about normal mail delivery time and they had tacked on a $38 late fee, i ask about it , they said mail may have gotten delayed by hurricane, i ask why they tacked on the charges ,i didn't cause the storm, and i live less than 200 miles from Charlotte,so the mail should be 3 days is what P.O. says from east T.N., was told it may take 7 days if i had been in California, my wife is a bank manager and gets numerous complaints about why their checks don't clear in a timely manner to Paypal, she tells them to call them and ask, because the bank clears them the same day before 2pm. I was gonna close my account ,this was last payment of $161.14  ,that i owed them, now they say i owe them $199.61

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

try calling and ask them to remove the charge.

if you can get hold of them.

Paypal relies more on automation ,it could be Paypal software just slapping a charge.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

USps Website may offer some clues.

Login to Me Too

Wyldemusick
Contributor
Contributor

You have to dig a bit, and it's not really a solution, rather a breakdown of what's what, but there was some information there.

Basically, a lot of post offices were closed down for a period (and some are still closed), though the Charlotte sorting office remained open...it was just that the route to Charlotte was severely compromised, so mail was slowed considerably.

My payment posted on the 24th, finally, meaning it took about twice as long as normal (under normal circumstances it would have posted on the 17th or so.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.