Call-in support?

HyperPete
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order mistakenly on ebay.  I called in within 2 minutes and was told that PayPal had not sent the money, to cancel transaction.  Ebay connected me to PayPal customer service.  I was locked in robo-response hell, and could not find a way to speak to a human!  (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!) 

I ended the call since nothing useful could be accomplished, and disputed it as an unauthorized transaction.  PAYPAL PAID FOR THE CANCELLED ORDER ANYWAY!  (UTTER STUPIDITY!)  Now, the vendor, who cancelled the order, and EMAILED ME that they cancelled the order, has my money!  They have not even responded when I have asked them repeatedly to refund it and make things right.

Furthermore, I am unable to add notes to the dispute.  "Sweet" system, PayPal.

Fortunately this is a very small dollar amount, but the principle upsets me.  I have sent email requesting support contact me.  What else can I do?

Lastly, how does one reach an actual living, breathing support person on the telephone when time is important?

Thank you for your help!!

PS:  I only resorted to all caps a couple of times, and I refrained from bold and underlined text, so please be nice!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HyperPete

The system is quite easy.

The second you pay a seller it is marked as completed as paypal credit the seller upfront and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source. This is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

However whilst you can cancel an order, you can't cancel an already processing payment as those funds can't do a u-turn...the system has already started to process them.

So if the seller cancelled the order then a refund is normally done at the same time BUT paypal has to wait for your already transfering funds to complete through to paypal and then as the refund was made they are credited back to you.

By filing an unauthorised dispute you were in fact telling paypal that your paypal account had been hacked and used without your consent, as paypal check IP addresses and devices they would see you did make the transaction and so the dispute would be closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HyperPete

The system is quite easy.

The second you pay a seller it is marked as completed as paypal credit the seller upfront and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source. This is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

However whilst you can cancel an order, you can't cancel an already processing payment as those funds can't do a u-turn...the system has already started to process them.

So if the seller cancelled the order then a refund is normally done at the same time BUT paypal has to wait for your already transfering funds to complete through to paypal and then as the refund was made they are credited back to you.

By filing an unauthorised dispute you were in fact telling paypal that your paypal account had been hacked and used without your consent, as paypal check IP addresses and devices they would see you did make the transaction and so the dispute would be closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HyperPete
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I'll be calling PP support this evening to try to get it resolved.  Hopefully I'll get a human being.  I despise automated phone systems, especially systems that you cannot "escape" from by hitting 0 repeatedly.

Login to Me Too

Birdlady2
New Community Member
I need a phone number to call. This stupid system has you running around and you can't talk to a real person. I thought paypal was such a wonderful system but its crap. It takes months to get a refund and then you can't send a photo of what you received for proof. This is BS. What are they afraid of post a stupid phone number!!!.
Login to Me Too

HyperPete
Contributor
Contributor

It will not let me post the phone number!  Trying another way:

<removed>

Login to Me Too

HyperPete
Contributor
Contributor

Correction:

<removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Birdlady2 

NEVER use phone numbers posted on this forum OR via a google search.

That is what scammers do to get you to contact FAKE paypal customer services agents to scam you.......

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.