Paypal creidt lowered the credit

jeff001
New Community Member

Hi my credit limit has just been drastically reduced, why is this, missed no payment and only half my limit was used? 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

shoaibalvi
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same issue. Mine just got reduced from £4000 to £1,550. No payments missed or anything and my credit scores have only gone way up recently. The absolutely annoying thing about this is how it would affect my credit utilisation the moment this new limit kicks in. A £700 balance against £4000 limit is no issue, but against £1,550 is like almost utilising 50% of the limit. If my score takes a dip cuz of this, I am leaving paypal!

Login to Me Too

emailchris
Same. US personal PPC acct lowered from $3750 to $1500. I don't even know when they did it. Seems like it was sometime during the pandemic but not sure. I've only used it once in fall 2018, for a total of $2,300 which was paid in full before the six months. It looks like they're gonna double down on the "we can do it because we want to so buzz off" response. That's cool. F--- 'em. I'll just close my PPC account. Never put all your eggs in one basket. There's plenty of other cards who would welcome my business.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.