can I have paypal if im not from the U.S.?

jinxit
Contributor
Contributor

hey I'm from South America, I was wondering if I can received money through PayPal if I'm not in the U.S and the people who send me the money are. thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jinxit 

PayPal accounts are country specific. You must open an account in wherever country you are and the sender can send money to your PayPal account. If you open a PayPal account and can't provide US based documents to verify your identity (such as Social Security Number/Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or US bank statement or credit card statement), then your account, your money, can be stuck. Only open a US account if you have an active residence and financial information based in the USA.

I see that you have a Peru PayPal account, Peru can receive money but can't withdraw, except to a US bank account so you'll have to keep the funds in your PayPal balance and spend the money via PayPal. Your sender can use Xoom.com a PayPal company to send you money instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jinxit 

PayPal accounts are country specific. You must open an account in wherever country you are and the sender can send money to your PayPal account. If you open a PayPal account and can't provide US based documents to verify your identity (such as Social Security Number/Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or US bank statement or credit card statement), then your account, your money, can be stuck. Only open a US account if you have an active residence and financial information based in the USA.

I see that you have a Peru PayPal account, Peru can receive money but can't withdraw, except to a US bank account so you'll have to keep the funds in your PayPal balance and spend the money via PayPal. Your sender can use Xoom.com a PayPal company to send you money instead.

Login to Me Too

jinxit
Contributor
Contributor
thank you so much, with Xoom I can withdraw or I can't either way?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jinxit 

Read the link I sent you. It says you can do a cash pick up or a bank deposit at those listed banks.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jinxit 

You can send this to your sender for them to consider:

https://www.xoom.com/peru/send-money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.