cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending money fee free

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: Sending money fee free

I am Nigeria and I want to send money to a friend. I need help on this please. Hope to hear from you soon.

Tags (2)
Contributor

So helpful. Succinct and with a reference link! Wish all volunteers could be so polite and complete in their responses!
Contributor

To send money with no additional fees you have to do it the inverse way. That means, if you A want to pay $10 to B, you have to tell B to go to https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/transfer/ and click on Request from friends or customers, then A receives B request by email and clicks to send the money. B receives $10, no fees applied.

send my money pleas 

Contributor

I just sent money through friend and family and it charged the recepiant. Why? Why can’t I transfer money from one account to anaother without fees.
Esteemed Advisor

@davemc80 

It would help if you said what country you are in and what country the recipient was in / how you funded the paypal payment / what currencies were involved.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

I am in the United States so was the recepiant.The money was send from my paypal balance. It was US currency. It was sent by the friends and Family option on PayPal.
Esteemed Advisor

@davemc80 

Then you shouldn't have been charged a fee, a fee would only have been charged if you had used a credit card.

If you are sure you used the friends / family option and not the goods / services by mistake then contact customer services and query it for a refund.

Contributor

Sorry for the double post, I didn’t think it went through. I wasn’t charged a fee. The recepiant was. I sent him $680.00 And they charged him $20.00 and some change.
Esteemed Advisor

@davemc80 

Yes i appreciate that which is why i refer you to my second sentence.