Paypal credit - allocation of payments means longer interest free periods are not able to be used.

atlasj2
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently made a number of purchases using Paypal credit where there are 0% deals. The problem I now face is that the payments I make just seem to be allocated in the order I purchased the items which now defeats the purchase of using 18mth & 24mth payment schedules.

E.g.

1st purchase 18mth

2nd purchase 24mth

3rd purchase 4mth

4th purchse 4mth.

All my payments so far have now payed off my 1st purchase. This means that my long term products will be cleared leaving me with the balance to pay in 4mths when I took the product to stagger payments.

I can't currently see a way to allocate payments in the order I want to avoid this. Paypal help was rubbish and just quoted standard help pages.

Can anyone confirm/advise?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shaverofsheep
Contributor
Contributor

I had the very same issue.

One 24 month instalment plan at £25 per month.

Various 4 month interest free plans. 

Five months in on the 24 month plan I paid in £100 and this went straight to it reducing the payment time from 19 to 15 months instead of reducing one of the 4 month plan amounts. 

Contacted PAYPAL twice and on both occasions was told that this was the correct procedure despite me showing them evidence that it was obviously not.

So, after this (just last week) I paid more money into my account and lo and behold £25 came off the 24 month plan and the remaining balance went to the other accounts just as it should. 

I contacted PAYPAL today and at last spoke to someone who saw straight away that there was an issue (a glitch in the system seemingly) and that it would be passed on to someone up the chain of command to sort out.The £100 I paid in would be reallocated to where it initially should have gone to. 

Speak with them again and maybe you'll get lucky.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.