Password still needed after Fingerprint Recognition

kenmccune
New Community Member

I have an LG k30 and the app asks me to register my fingerprint to log in faster. It successfully registers it but every time I open the app and it accepts my fingerprint it still makes me type in my password then asks me to activate fingerprint recognition. How do I fix it?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @kenmccune,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I would recommend trying to uninstall and install the app again to resolve the issue! 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

FlintoBa
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with me and it is infuriating!! Its absolutely fine if I open PP app on my phone, it asked for fingerprint and opens no problem. But if I am in my bed or out in the town and try to make a purchase, suddenly after I do the fingerprint it starts asking for the password as well!!!!! Which I dont have to hand!!! The VERY reason WHY I use fingerprint. A right pain in the &%*&^&. I end up paying by credit card instead. Maybe I should carry my PP password with me at all times to keep the app happy!!

Login to Me Too

BigMart63
Contributor
Contributor
Don't know if you're sorted yet. I've just uninstalled app, cleaned remaining files with AVG and reinstalled. It's fingerprint is working now.
Login to Me Too

BigMart63
Contributor
Contributor
Fixed by uninstalling, clearing remaining files with a cleaner like avg, reinstalling.
Login to Me Too

BigMart63
Contributor
Contributor
The PayPal site remembers the fingerprint but not the app which continues to ask for the password. Left app review, got a reply with reply methods that just take you around in circles. Would be nice to just speak to someone about it via email or hopefully here might work.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.