Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Charge Initiated through PayPal when Using Chick-Fil-A App

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Extra Charge Initiated through PayPal when Using Chick-Fil-A App

Bought lunch today using the mobile app.  Received notice that I was charged $1.00 in addition to the cost of my meal.  I called Chick-Fil-A Customer Service and was told that this charge is not from Chick-Fil-A, they don't add a service charge.  I tried to dispute it in the PayPal activity, but the transaction is being blocked from doing so.  Why is PayPal charging me $1.00?  IF Chick-Fil-A app didn't post the charge, who did?  Please delete this transaction.  Chick-Fil-A didn't initiate it and shouldn't have to refund money if the PayPal connection is incorrect.  Have other Chick-Fil-A customers reported problems to PayPal about this?  4/15/19

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Extra Charge Initiated through PayPal when Using Chick-Fil-A App

@LMB1957 

The $1 thing is a temporary charge, it'll expire and drop off from your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-paypal-charge-$1-to-my-credit-card-faq537

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
Esteemed Advisor

@LMB1957 

The $1 thing is a temporary charge, it'll expire and drop off from your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-paypal-charge-$1-to-my-credit-card-faq537

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Just happened to me today. Ugh
New Community Member

I've had this happen recently too. But it's been over a week and the charge isn't dropping off.
New Community Member

I am having the same thing happen, and it's happened twice and neither charge has dropped off yet.

New Community Member

Me too. I understand fees, but we should be told of any fees so we have the option to accept. The fee is still on my account, and trust me... I wouldn’t have paid a dollar to place a to go order. That’s stupid.