receiving reimbursements through PP

PhoenixFish
Contributor
Contributor

A company I made a purchase from through PP wants to send me a reimbursement, and is asking for my Pay Pal email address to do so. Is this the same email I use to login? Wouldn't that link them to said email?? I have never done this before, obviously.. Can someone tell me how it works?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PhoenixFish 

Your paypal email address identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to send you money (if the company can't use the refund option for some reason).

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account (including the one you log in with) and receive funds on all of them as long as they are all confirmed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PhoenixFish
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. (Firstly, yes the original purchase was made with a prepaid Visa attached to my PP that has since expired.) I'm guessing this means that the reimbursing party will log in to PP on the Merchant side, and look me up by my associated email? Seems right.. lol

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PhoenixFish 

You would need to give the merchant the email address you want him to use to 'send' the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.