can you change your account from individual to llc for same accoun

ctnewbie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello  I'm interested in setting up something for online affiliate (or try) I"m a total newbie and would like to know most people

do it as sole proprieter first or for liability set up a llc.

If you wanted to try something first just to make sure it works could you for same given email address open paypal account as self and then have it changed to llc?  I would really really appreciate it  for those who have done this done that.  These little things seem like big hurdles to me and I just want to do things right with the government to minimize future hassles.    It's just that doing everything in llc is more expensive when you aren't sure if anything will work.   I"m assuming too to accept payments this has to be done through  paypalbusiness?

Please i'm in tough spot with the current economy as most people. I need to learn to hustle myself to take care and be productive member of society (and pay bills!)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You can still accept payments even if you have a personal account. You won't need to be an established business account user to accept payments.

If you're a starter, you might wanna try it small with your own personal accounts. Once everything goes big and you need more tools to run your business through PP, that's the time I suggest to upgrade it.

Personal and business accounts are the almost the same. Business accounts just have their perks like buttons (one that you can use for websites so your guest buyers can checkout), invoices and many more.

But if you really like to set up a business account, here's one that you can check - https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-type-of-paypal-account-i-have-faq900

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You can still accept payments even if you have a personal account. You won't need to be an established business account user to accept payments.

If you're a starter, you might wanna try it small with your own personal accounts. Once everything goes big and you need more tools to run your business through PP, that's the time I suggest to upgrade it.

Personal and business accounts are the almost the same. Business accounts just have their perks like buttons (one that you can use for websites so your guest buyers can checkout), invoices and many more.

But if you really like to set up a business account, here's one that you can check - https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-type-of-paypal-account-i-have-faq900

Hope it helps!

Login to Me Too

ctnewbie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your answer. I really really appreciated it. It was very helpful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.