No replies for over 24 hours?

TekWhiz
Contributor
Contributor

There is NO live phone support which is mind boggling. They want you to write a message, they say they will reply within hours. Last month this worked but now I notice responses are super slow, and in fact it's been 36 hours and no response by anybody! Is PayPal having some failure and they are not responding to messages?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TekWhiz 

I think the problem is that as there is no phone option everyone is messaging.

If they don't get an immediate reply then they message over and over.

Once person posted on here that they sent 6 messages in a day, so times that by the amount of folks sending customer services messages and you can see why they are inundated and slower as you could have 6 agents reading 6 exact same messages from the same person. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TekWhiz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your explanation. Sounds plausible. People get upset that nobody responds so they write again and again, getting more and more upset and the system is flooded with messages.

So PayPal isn't hiring enough agents to deal with the volume of complaints. I suppose it's higher due to the sudden growth of online sales due to the pandemic. More online transactions.

But they seem to have gotten rid of all phone support. Probably saving money on that... Sounds like they are in bad financial shape but their stock is doing well...

Last month they were more likely to respond, now it's taking days... Also if you check online reviews at Trust Pilot, they get like 1.5 stars. Not good at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.