Contributor
Contributor

is legal? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Mitch101
Contributor
Contributor

I had a guy, Richard, from Regystro contact me to sell me a domain listed on Godaddy for $1500.  He said his company would sell for $97.  After a few emails back and forth and no information online that it was a scam, I paid the $97 through PayPal.  I followed his directions and went through networksolutions.com to request the transfer from the owner.  15 days later I received an email from networksolutions.com that the transfer did not go through b/c the current owner did not authorize the transfer.  I just emailed Richard to let him know the situation.  So far it seems to me like I got scammed but I will provide an update.  

Login to Me Too

Mitch101
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not one to waste my time writing comments online; however, if someone scams me, I do write comments.  Or if someone turns out to be legit I also make sure that is stated.  Richard emailed me back and told me to go through the process again on Network Solutions.  I did so and then notified him.  He had the domain manually transferred to me.  It does say that there is a 60-day lock on transfers to prevent unintended transfers.  However, if I do not post a new comment in the next 60 days, then that means the transfer was final and not a scam.  So I ended up buying a domain for $97 that Godaddy had for $1500!

Login to Me Too

anniedragon
Contributor
Contributor

I just paid $97 by Paypal for a domain name that was £3000 elsewhere. All looks legit but so far, not even a receipt or an acknowledgement. Keeping my fingers crossed. And my toes...

Login to Me Too

Ischolz
New Community Member
Did the domain go through??
Login to Me Too

Ischolz
New Community Member
Did the domain go through??? I have the same company reaching out to me. I’ve looked at their reviews and it’s hard to tell if they are a scam.
Login to Me Too

JPH6969
New Community Member

A couple of weeks back I got an unsolicited email offering me a domain for $97. Thing is I already own the domain in its .com and .co.uk forms.

I followed it through to them having set up a false payment on my own domain. I don't know how they have done it but it is definitely a SCAM.

false domain.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.