is there paypal fees when a seller on ebay reimburse a defective item with an echeque?

domlamp
Contributeur
Contributeur

Hi!  I've bought on ebayan item that was defective.  Item was in Neetherlands.  I've pay originally with my paypal account via ebay.  I've open i return form with ebay, send the item to my seller and he told me that he will reimburse me with an echeque.  I wonder if, when the echeque of 339,50$US will be into my paypal account, if paypal will charge me fees to have that complete amount of 339,50$US of refund.  Thanks!    Dominic  (domlamp)

Login to Me Too
4 RÉPONSES 4

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

hello, @domlamp 

if you paid by paypal, your seller need to refund by paypal 🙂

Login to Me Too

domlamp
Contributeur
Contributeur

Hi and thanks.  Seller refund me with a paypal echeque, why?  And will i have to pay paypal fees the have my money back?

Login to Me Too

domlamp
Contributeur
Contributeur

Hi and thanks.  Seller refund me with a paypal echeque, why?  And will i have to pay paypal fees the have my money back?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

@domlamp 

in theory, it is only your bank that could incur a fee for depositing the check.
but a check it can be insolvent.
concretely, on ebay you pay by paypal and the seller reimburses ( refund ) by paypal /

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.