WPP Hosted payment issue on site - Error 10001

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I'm having issues with the PayPal Payments Pro - Hosted form on a clients website, it seems no payments can be made using the actual form (Though clicking the pay on paypal button works fine).

The issue is when the form has been filled and anyone clicks "Pay Now", they get a message "We’re sorry, we can’t complete your payment at this time. Please try again later."

I can't find any reason for this, though did have issues with the Pay With PayPal button until I set it to send shipping address as the billing address if its not set (for non-shipped items).

If I inspect the iFrame form I can find the following data as part of a hidden input attribute:

ERRORCODE: 10001
ERRORMSG: We’re sorry, we can’t complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.
visitorId: "61249........."
layoutCountry: "GB"
internalSessionId: "HSS-8059aab8ceb4ec8e5156deaf4574e8ab84dd012c"
error {"message":"TEMPORARY_FAILURE","dynamicDisplayId":"6fcf3d181c6f4-10001"}}

In short, if anyone can help me fix this issue that would be great but alternatively i've read that its possible to have a method removed from the iframe and so people would be forced to click the paypal button and pay using the method that actually works. 

Thanks,
Craig

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Morning Ciaran,

Sorry, I was not sure if that code was too sensitive to post online, I've just attempted another order and this is the response:

We’re sorry, we can’t complete this payment. Please contact the merchant with this reference ID: c9f855d71e635-10536

Thanks,
Craig

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

ok think I have this one figured, we're seeing a duplicate invoice ID on that one, the invoice ID passed across was used ~15 minutes before hand on a completed transaction. 

If you have the "block Duplicate invoice id" toggle enabled you'll get this error if the invoice ID has been used in the past for the same account. 

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Ah interesting, thats much more helpful than the message! 😉

Okay, so could this be some sort of weird stage/live environment test order conflicts? Any chance you could tell me the last invoice ID so I can check if this conflicts with the orders we have in the live environment?

Thanks,

Craig

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Sure, this is what we see in the logs: 9079

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ciaran, can't see why there would be duplicate invoice IDs at all! I've disabled that option in the paypal settings for now anyway.

I just managed to debug it and find that I am not receiving the "tx" GET parameter? Could you verify that its being sent?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

theres data being sent back from what I can see in the latest transaction. Can you check the POST method to see if anything is there. Also what do you have in the account for data transfer "POST" or "GET"?

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

That was it! Thanks Ciaran, it seems that there were a few different issues with the payment process and the final one was the data transfer looks like it had been changed at some point! 

All sorted now thank you so much for your support!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.