Urgently need help: PayPal Express Checkout Problem - Payment did not go through

barotomir
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I am experiencing a problem with my PayPal Express Checkout. I have recently set up an Shopify website and have chosen PayPal Express as the (only) payment provider. Ii did several test payment several afternoon ago (more than 4 times) none which has gone through. Both Shopify and PayPal support are unable to see why it did not g through.

During the test i chose the following:
1. Checkout using PayPal
2. Checkout as a guest using credit or debit card
3. Fill out the payment info
4. Choose exchange rate preferences
5. click Pay.

What happened next was, PayPal seems to be processing the payment for a bit but then the window disappeared. There were no payment recorded on my Shopify admin page, Paypal account and bank account. There were no error message whatsoever.

On the several initial test attempts, i was using the email address that is also attached to my seller account (during checkout) which i though it could be the problem. However, on the last attempt, i was using a different email, but the problem remains.

I have contacted PayPal Technical Support and it has been 2 days with no respond. At the moment i do not have any other form of payment method on my website and would like to have this issue sorted? Any help from the expert would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Regards
Max

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Can't speak for other services and how they present things - normally PayPal Express Checkout is offered as an option when there are other processing services to also use.   For example I've seen Stripe offered by some 3rd party shopping carts as the main card processor and as an option, you can also include PayPal Express Checkout.   And users of PayPal's Payment Pro will also offer Express Checkout.   When using Payments Pro, you control the customer's checkout experience as the customer stays on your website or page throughout the checkout process - there's no redirect to the PayPal checkout screens as the credit card details are passed behind the scenes to PayPal.   Should the customer want a faster checkout and has a PayPal Account, then they can choose Express Checkout.  When they choose this method, there's usually a pop-up window displayed and the customer completes the check out within that window via their PayPal Account .

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

What I can tell you is that PayPal Express Checkout does not have the option to checkout as a guest using credit or debit card - PayPal Express is designed to save time and is intended for people who have a PayPal Account.   So looking at step #2 in your process should not be an option.    If you were using Payments Standard, then the option for checking out as guest would be an option on the PayPal checkout screens.

Login to Me Too

barotomir
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, i have now turned the option for a guest checkout off. Not the best option as i still want to have PayPal to process a guest checkout.

One more thing i noticed, after i filled out payment info, it asked whether i want to create paypal account to which i chose "no".  Surely, if PayPal express does not compatible with the guest checkout, why bother making these options on the first place?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Can't speak for other services and how they present things - normally PayPal Express Checkout is offered as an option when there are other processing services to also use.   For example I've seen Stripe offered by some 3rd party shopping carts as the main card processor and as an option, you can also include PayPal Express Checkout.   And users of PayPal's Payment Pro will also offer Express Checkout.   When using Payments Pro, you control the customer's checkout experience as the customer stays on your website or page throughout the checkout process - there's no redirect to the PayPal checkout screens as the credit card details are passed behind the scenes to PayPal.   Should the customer want a faster checkout and has a PayPal Account, then they can choose Express Checkout.  When they choose this method, there's usually a pop-up window displayed and the customer completes the check out within that window via their PayPal Account .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.