Resolving error "DPRP is disabled for this merchant."

iskcononline
Contributor
Contributor

We are trying to set up Paid Memberships Pro on Wordpress. We initially found that we were not setup for Paypal Payments Pro. That now seems to be resolved after multiple calls to Paypal.

However, we now get an error "DPRP is disabled for this merchant." when submitting a transaction.

We accept subscriptions through another plugin GiveWP with no issues. We also have subscription buttons enabled. What is the problem?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

iskcononline
Contributor
Contributor

If the moderator can help, our Merchant ID is BCF9D2MAJLTBY

This plugin uses Classic API - SOAP

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @iskcononline ,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community. I do apologize for the frustration.

DPRP is a recurring payments API that is only available with Website Payment's Pro accounts

PayPal isn't accepting new users for this feature, and we require existing users to upgrade to our Advanced Debit and Credit solution that supports EMV 3DS (3DS 2.0) for PSD2. Our Advanced Debit and Credit solution enables highly customizable custom-card fields and reduced PCI Compliance requirements. For more information, see Set up advanced credit and debit card payments.

What that means is that we cannot setup an account with Website Payment's Pro and DPRP since it is not compliant with the new PCI Compliance requirements.

We highly recommend using a plugin that uses Subscriptions API, or Payflow Recurring Payment's API.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.