PayPal API payment popup loads forever for some transactions, customers give up.

manuel123123
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using the PayPal API smoothly on our ecommerce, but recently the popup window loads forever and payment fails for some random customers. From console error messages, it's some problem on paypal side.

We updated the api and now the problem happens for some random customers after the popup window is closed. So customer selects papal, clicks the pay button, the popu window opens, he logs in the account and authorizes payment, then the popup window is closed and website should make the transaction and then show checkout success page: but instead, page loads forever and never goes to checkout success.

Does not appear linked to any browser/device. Some transactions go smooth, some others don't.

Any clue or suggestion on how to bugshoot this? It's also very hard to replicate as it happens randomly (on our computers does not happen, but some customers sends us mails, videos, screenshots..)

Thank you,

Manuel

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

shawnz
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this is your issue, but I have seen this symptom when I return an invalid order ID from my createOrder function. The Paypal dialog opens, but just spins forever. Meanwhile a message gets outputted to the console about the invalid order ID.

Is there any way you could get the exact text of the console error message?

EDIT: Also, if I'm not mistaken this should be in the REST APIs forum, not the NVP/SOAP APIs forum.

Login to Me Too

manuel123123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Shwanz for your reply.

I managed to get the bug few days ago, here is the console error message screenshot i took. Does it help somehow?

error.jpg

Sorry for posting in the wrong section

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.