Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues setting up PayPal with UniFi in UK

Options
BaxbyHideaway
New Community Member
Posted on

I have purchased UniFi for my business and everything works fine with the Sandbox account but as soon as I enter the API Username, password and Signature to go live and after entering payment details via the guest portal it just says Connection error, please check you have entered your card details correctly (which I have).

Has anyone got any tips on this, or managed to get it to work in the UK?  I have sent HOURS trying to get it to work.

I have a PayPal business account.

Thank you

Barney

7 REPLIES 7

Options
StuartJeff
Contributor
I have the same problem. Can’t get it to work but sandbox works perfectly.

Options
DesReid

Hi Barney

Just came across your post, did you resolve the problem?

I'm experiencing the same problems, wondered if you had a fix?

Thanks

Des

Options
BaxbyManor
Contributor

Hi Des,

I did not.  Gave up and managed to get it to work using Stripe.uk instead.  I would like to use PayPal though instead as Stripe isn’t really set up correctly although working for me, just! lol

Barney 

Options
DesReid

This is hilarious. I gave up on Stripe UK because the portal was passing the full credit card number to Stripes API. How did you overcome that issue?

Options
BaxbyManor
Contributor
Unfortunately I can’t actually remember! I got so swamped down with it all and was rapidly losing the will to live!

Options
Stugood2k

Im having the exact same issue, Sandbox and credit card generator works fine, but live (real) transactions fail. I recieve the error "connection error occurred. please check if your payment data is valid".

I have made contact with Paypal tech support however no reply on the matter yet!

Could this be an issue with Ubiquiti software/Firmware or settings on Paypals side?

Anyone sussed this out yet?

Options
BaxbyManor
Contributor

Sadly, no.

Using StripeUK but it isn’t really set u correctly but, its doing the job!  I would prefer to use PayPal.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.