Finding API username so my customers can grant me third party permissions

Koas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone! I have a business account and a elearning platform where I accept payments on behalf of other PayPal accounts (that is, I create the orders but the money gets transferred to my customer's PayPal accounts).

But when I try to request a refund I get an error saying I'm not authorized. I understand why this security measure is applied, but I know my customers can grant me permission to issue refunds on their behalf (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/admin/third-party/)

My problem is that I can't find the API username I should give my customers so they can give me that permissions. I've tried with my account email address, my PayPal merchant id, my full name... but I always get a "Please enter valid API username" on the customer test account when trying to give these permissions.

Can anyone help me here? How can I find the API username I should give my customers so they can allow me third party permissions?

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.