Donate button doesn't appear on website

sheffangels

We've only recently become a registered charity (UK) but have been a trading non-profit for 24 years, and have used 'buy now' buttons for the very small number of physical items we sell on our website, and they work fine. I'm not a developer, I didn't build the website but I'm an admin and I'm usually pretty good at problem solving when things don't quite work. But this has me stumped.

I can add/understand basic HTML but I'm self-taught so I only know what I've had to deal with in the course of updating the website. I've created a Donate button to put in a main body text box on our homepage until we can get our developers to add it to the permanent assets on the website, but despite copying and pasting the code, it doesn't display at all, either in draft or when published, and when I go back to check the code it's completely changed from when I pasted it. 

I've tried messing about with line breaks etc as per other archived posts here, tried different browser (I'm working in Chrome but tried Safari too - no joy).  

And now this board won't let me post any code either... Or upload screenshots. ARGH!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sheffangels

So now it's let me post the trunkated code that saves but not the original because it thinks I've uploaded ten images already. I haven't. It hasn't let me. *tears hair*

Webpage code.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.