Credit Card checkout option not working with Paypal API

Lascar77
Contributor
Contributor

I am using "website.com" to host my website and ecommerce "seven7moto.com". I have setup my paypal as business account, enabled optional checkout and express checkout options. I have generated and integrated the NVP/SOAP API codes and successfully integrated them in the payment methods and tested Paypal to work successfully. 

The real problem is that supposedly that API should allow payment via credit card directly without the need for a credit card. But it does not work at all it just simply does not appear as an option, my credit card in use currently is a prepaid VISA card from the "Mauritius Commercial Bank" in country: Mauritius. Is there any additional setup i need on paypal to be able get paid by credit card checkout?

Thanks for the help i am quite lost.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @Lascar77,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

If you have integrated legacy PayPal Express Checkout product, please contact your website developer (or) support of your third-party platform eCommerce to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Soleand "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout payment API request call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible.

Guide links - https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/set-express-checkout-nvp/

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

Yes, this is intended behaviour of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Lascar77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i will pass along this information to the host.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.