sudden change of country/language used in my account

susse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I live in Brazil and I have a us paypal account and I've been using it here for a long time now but suddenly, a few days ago when I logged in, it was in Portuguese! I cannot change the language nor the country because they didnt put this option in the profile section in the Brazilian version of pp. I want to keep using my account and not the Brazilian version. Oh and they are asking me to put in a tax number too. What shall I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Andy

susse- Sorry for the frustration that this has, and will continue, to cause you.  After some searching through our archives, it appears that we've removed the option for English due to the prevalence of English language browsers in Brazil preventing our predominately Portuguese speaking community from viewing our site in Portuguese.

While I personally find this an...interesting...solution to such a problem, this is unfortunately something that's not going to change in the immediate future (or possibly ever honestly).  The only 'solution' I can come up with is to use Google Chrome's Translate Page feature...of course that has drawbacks as Google Chrome and PayPal don't always play nice.

Sorry I couldn't provide a better answer for you.

Andy

Login to Me Too

susse
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Andy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.