Will not take the money from PayPal Smart Connect

tedsterbear
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to a website to purchase something and try to use my PayPal Smart Connect, even though it is set up to use it as my primary funding source, PayPal keeps trying to take it from my bank acct. or Credit card. It's not blocked, it has a good balance and I pay on time every month... what's up with that? Why give me credit if they aren't going to let me use it?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

dp2286

i have smart connect im trying to buy a mini laptop from a merchant  total of 340 i have enough credit in my smartconnect i paid a item less than 100 dollars a week ago in ebay now it just says after the log in pay pal screen ¨sorry the page is not available at this time ´´ what can i do to bypass this because out of the 4 days trying i only seen

confirm payment once but clicked it and then it just took me back .

Login to Me Too

Daria4life
Contributor
Contributor

This happens to me too! And I'm not sure I'm understanding the response. I also have the SmartConnect set as the primary funding source, and it works fine on say, Ebay. But most other places I try to use it, Paypal pulls it out of my checking account, and that has caused a few problems where my checking account gets dangerously low on funds. Did you find a solution?

Login to Me Too

tedsterbear
Contributor
Contributor

You're having the same problem too huh? Nice to know I'm not alone and crazy... crazy maybe, but not alone! It is frustrating isn't it? I've still not gotten it resolved, hope I get it taken care of soon.

Login to Me Too

heyjones2010
Contributor
Contributor

@tedsterbear wrote:

You're having the same problem too huh? Nice to know I'm not alone and crazy... crazy maybe, but not alone! It is frustrating isn't it? I've still not gotten it resolved, hope I get it taken care of soon.

Smiley Mad My first time with smart connect, they gave me the last 4 digits of he card, but digits don t understand  the ge money limit is 500, how do i use it with just 4 digits?

please do they send my card? When? IM paperless, does that mater I haven t tried to use it at eBay yet, I want to, also I m trying to send money to my debit card I listed, help sandee and charlie

Login to Me Too

Netwatcher
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, trying to buy from WOOT, I went in and made my Smart Connect line of credit the default payment option, but when I made the purchase it drained my balance and charged the rest to my backup payment method. Smiley Mad It used to work; I've bought using Paypal credit before. Kinda irritating as I wanted to consolidate some purchases using the smart connect option this Holiday season. Any solutions on how to make Smart Connect actually work again?

Oh and there were no 'Switch Now' or 'More funding options' links listed, that is why I tried to make Smart Connect my default payment method...which didn't work either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

When you visit a physical store, not every store accepts every type of payment - be it cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover.  The same is true with PayPal - some merchants simply have chosen not to accept Smart Connect.  In those instances, selecting Smart Connect as the default funding source for your account won't force it to be used, because the merchant doesn't accept it.  If Smart Connect is not available during check out, it cannot be used for that purchase and your other funding choices will be displayed.

Additionally, Smart Connect is not available for subscriptions, billing agreements, or recurring payments.

Hope htis helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Netwatcher
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, that kind of helps. I wish paypal connect were seamless though, so it could be a behind the scenes option for paying and could not be excluded by the merchant. After all they still get paid either way. Why would a merchant not opt to take Smart Connect?

Login to Me Too

bobbimoore
New Community Member

I am new to this and just bought something on ebay last night and when I looked before according to paypal I had a $500 spending limit. But it looks like when I went to pay the money came from my checking account. When purchasing from ebay does the purchase have to be a certian amount for it to come from my paypal line of credit and how do I check to see how much I have left to spend.

Login to Me Too

tedsterbear
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what's up with PaySmart Connect, but I do know it's not doing what it's supposed to do. Many times I have gone to Big Fish Games and gotten a game using the old PayPal Credit with no problems, but now since they've switched to PaySmart it's no longer working as efficiently! It's become temperamental and keeps taking it out of my bank acct or credit card, which it's not set up for! So far no one has been able to give me a reasonable answer as to why it's doing that, so I will pay my PayPal off next month and not use PayPal anymore.  Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

tedsterbear
Contributor
Contributor

Where I'm using it, I've used it before with no trouble. That's what I am complaining about, NOW I'm having trouble with Big Fish Games. I say something to them, they say it's PayPal's fault, and we're back to square one with the problem still unsolved!  I guess I just won't be using the credit. I'm probably better off.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.