UK citizen, should my a/c be in USD and on PayPal US site?

freedeanna
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with PayPal for ages, but didn't use it that much. I'm now starting up some business where I'll be paid mostly through paypal. I just realised that my account is on the US site and in USD, but I often look at information on the UK site. Are all PayPal accounts held in USD? I feel I should be able to find this somewhere, but I can't. The help from the company itself is a maze and far too automated, so I've come here to see if there are some humans around.Smiley Happy

Most of my business will be from UK citizens too, for now, so I'm guessing that this means I'm not charged the higher rate for a currency change (despite it being shown as USD in my account).

Cheers.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@freedeanna wrote:

BTW, it takes me to paypal.com/uk/... when I log in, so maybe all is as it should be.

Sounds like your account registration and address are correct, and... it was the USD currency balance which made it confusing.  The  https://www.paypal.com/uk  website is the PayPal UK website

Login to Me Too

freedeanna
Contributor
Contributor

OK, cheers. I'm not absolutely sure, but if you are then that's the answer - I made the assumption that I was registered at the wrong site, because it says PayPal, Inc. (US) in the green security thing when at an SSL site in Firefox, but the address is .com/uk/... and I have two radio buttons for the primary currency, USD and GBP, so I'll switch. Perhaps I chose incorrectly when I opened it. Anyway, that's good enough for me. I'll mark this as solved. Thanks again Sandypurins and Paypal_Adrian.

Login to Me Too

bizclix
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up for the Paypal account on the Paypal.ca (CANADA) site which looks like it redirects to the US site. I will need to speak with someone about this directly, I think.

Different situation than in formal "UK".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.