Where can I change my Credit Card Number with PayPal?

geolin
New Community Member
7 REPLIES 7

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello geolin, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

If you would like to add a new credit card to your PayPal account  you can do by following these steps: Log into your PayPal account, click the profile link (under My account), click 'My money,' click 'Update' beside 'Debit and credit cards, click ‘Link and Confirm My Card,’ and click ‘Save and Continue.’

We’ll charge your card $2.45 CAD. This charge and a 4-digit PayPal code appear on your card statement within 2 to 3 business days. The code sequence appears as PayPal*1234CODE or PP*1234CODE. You will need the first 4 digits to confirm your card. We will refund the charge to your PayPal account immediately once you have confirmed your credit card.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

gatogato
Contributor
Contributor

my credit card was reported as lost or stolen & I was issued a new #. I can't seem to change this #. it keeps saying I can't change it while there is an instant transfer pending which there isn't. very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello gatogato, 

Welcome to the Forums.

This does sound frustrating. The best way to get this resolved is to call PayPal directly and let them know what is happening. You may have a transaction that is pending out there, we can get it canceled for you so you can add your credit card.  

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

gatogato
Contributor
Contributor

I did phone & apparently all I had to do was remove old credit card & enter new one. simple when you know how. lol

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello gatogato,

Yes, "simple when you know how. lol" - but that is just it, you didn't know so it's alright. I am glad you where able to get it taken care of. Thank you for letting me know as well, I like to hear your issue has been resolved.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

phyljohn
New Community Member

I had the same issue. My credit card company issued a new card with a different number. I did manage to figure out that one changes a number by adding the new number as a new card and deleting the old. However, when I tried to delete the old card I got the alert, "You may not remove your funding while an authorization is still pending." Later I got an email acknowledging the addition of the new card. A day later I tried to delete the old card and got the same alert as before: authorization pending. What does this mean? How long does it take to get the authorization? As far as I'm aware there are no PayPal purchases outstanding.

My main complaint is that this issue is not addressed in the PayPal help files.

Login to Me Too

gatogato
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. resolved by phoning them. there should be something covering this issue. would have saved me a lot of frustration.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.