Error Code 11001

BufordTMontana
New Community Member

I have being paying for items purchased on ebay and elsewhere for years without any problems

Today I tried to pay for an item I purchased on ebay and PayPal responds with 'cannot process" my payment. At first there was another error code but the latest one is 11001 - I cannot find a reference to this anywhere on the PayPal website.

I have been trying for hours. I have checked that my ebay account is linked to my Paypal and visa versa.

What is going on???? Why the change???

I am about to cancel my PayPal account and pay direct. This is nonsense!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

This particular error code is due to an issue with eBay checkout and their API passing incorrect information.  The best thing to do is to log out of PayPal and eBay, clear your cache and cookies, restart your computer, and then try again.

If that still doesn't work, it's ok!  Just send your seller a message and ask what email address to send the payment to.  You can then use the Send Money feature to send him the payment directly. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

gianlorenzop
New Community Member

I'm having the same error, I wan't to ask you if I use the "send money" option on paypal site if I am covered by the Buyer Protection Policy.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

gianlorenzop -

Welcome to the boards!

Use of the Send Money tab doesn't invalidate any Protection Program, although you may not have the option to file a claim directly with eBay (only PayPal).

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.