Moved from Indonesia to Spain - unable to transfer funds from old to new.

Fru5tr4t3d
Contributor
Contributor

Had an account in Indonesia - have to close it because I have moved to Spain.

Have an account in Spain - can't transfer funds from Indonesia to Spain - hence can't close Indonesian account.

Customer services/support appear to be mechanical monstrosities, as I have only received a list of unrelated FAQs and solutions by way of response from them. I responded with the details and I haven't even received an acknowledgment of the receipt of the information that I supplied.

Is there a way to achieve what I am trying to do?

Or... is there any way to get help from a person and not a 'bot? 

I urgently need to renew a membership for which PayPal is the only online payment method available.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fru5tr4t3d

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fru5tr4ted
New Community Member

Sadly, that information became apparent AFTER I had left Indonesia.

The issue has, however, been resolved with the assistance of the PayPal support team who were contacted via Twitter.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.